cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Superhub to another room

CH1
On our wavelength

Our TV is on the ground floor but the Internet Superhub was originally installed upstairs.

It is now in an inconvenient location and I wonder if someone could contact me to arrange to move the Superhub downstairs please?

Many thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will remove that cable and drill through your downstairs wall to relocate the Hub in there.

Just ensure its not too close to the TV (interference) - in the open and VM leave enough cable to put the Hub where you want it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just call it in on the “faults” line - on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.
There will be a £25 charge.  If everything else is working fine, have you considered leaving it where it is and just connecting the TV on an ethernet cable or improving the wifi signal at the TV location?

What Hub model is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

CH1
On our wavelength

Thanks. I think it's a Superhub 3. I was hoping that it'd be a simple matter to locate the hub next to the TV rather than it being upstairs. The big issue is the cable going from the VM box on the outside wall up to the bedroom for the internet as it'd be much neater if it wasn't there.

Many thanks.

Chris 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will remove that cable and drill through your downstairs wall to relocate the Hub in there.

Just ensure its not too close to the TV (interference) - in the open and VM leave enough cable to put the Hub where you want it.

--------------------
John
--------------------