cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked all devices out of hub…

Stuckman
Tuning in

Used to use MAC filtering to try and manage the amount of screen time the teenagers have been getting. However, being teenagers they quickly discovered that they could change the MAC address on some of their devices. Me discovering this decided that I needed to act and act I did…looking to find a way to block all new addresses from joining the WiFi network, I’ve accidentally kicked every device off and now I’m unable to connect. 

We have TV as the box is connected via Ethernet, so Christmas won’t be totally ruined (for me and mom at least) but as for the kids, I’m public enemy #1. 

Any ideas on how to rectify? I’ve tried a phone that has never been connected to the hub and I’ve also tried pressing the reset button on the back of the hub with a pin. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hard press on the reset button for a slow 60 second count. It worked. Thank you so much! 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

avi68
Dialled in

I would get a laptop, connect via Ethernet, and then login to the router and change whatever you did

Think this is probably going to be the way that I go about it. I only have a MacBook so will need to think outside the box. Maybe it’ll be possible through an Xbox, so will try that tomorrow. 

avi68
Dialled in

Or just hold down the reset pin for 30-60seconds ( can’t remember the exact time)

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A.so so NOT turn the hub off, it will reboot when you release the pin.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hard press on the reset button for a slow 60 second count. It worked. Thank you so much!