cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping out

Lerone1980
Joining in

Hello. I'm looking for some help and advice. I have a HUB 3 and live in the TQ3 area. For a couple of weeks now the signal keeps dropping in and out. My partner works from home and does a lot of online meetings and it's beginning to get quite frustrating.
The test page on My Virgin Media does say there are some intermittent signal issues, but it also says sometimes there are no issues at all. Have tried resetting the Hub but with no effect.

Can anyone help or give any help or advice please?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First, check the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

If nothing is reported there, 

are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Lerone1980,

Thank you for posting to us here on the community. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can confirm there are currently no issues impacting your area and your Hub appears to be running within specification. 

Can you please let us know how things have been since your last post to us?

Thanks, 

Nat

Client62
Legend

We have a Hub 3,  random channel changes caused by Smart WiFi Channel Optimisation and Auto Channels can affect connection stability.

Below are our settings, we stream TV for hours and have business Zoom calls without glitches.

Client62_0-1689525728997.png

Thank you for the reply, I will try the ethernet cable as I haven't tried that to reduce possibilities as to what the problem is. 

Thank you for this. I have changed my settings to what you have sent and will try and see what happens... Thank you 😀