cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 just stopped working

Kojwhite
Joining in

My hub 5 is only a couple of months old, had no issues as such but this morning (as I was about to log onto work!!) it just stopped and all I am getting is a flashing red light. I have restarted it and followed the “troubleshooting” that says there’s no issues in the area and I apparently need an engineer out. (Which I can’t do till Saturday) has anyone else had this and resolved it another way?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

According to the guide (below), flashing red light just suggests a telephone connection issue.  Do you have a VM landline and is that connected to the telephone port on the back of the Hub5?

Also, try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

Perhaps try a reset like this....

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 16.27.55.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you for taking your time to reply, it’s appreciated. I don’t have a landline at all, or at least ones never been plugged in since I moved in 3 years ago. I’ve been with virgin broadband since August, upgraded to the hub 5 late sept early Oct due to signal issues and had no problems until today when it just went off. 
I have just tried the pin reset to no success.  I guess I will have to entertain the kids the old fashioned way until Saturday haha

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Keep checking re. the Tech visit - sometimes they have cancellations that you might get offered

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @Kojwhite thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

If there are no area outages still and your services are still offline, you would need to wait until the next available technician appointment.

We will keep you posted though if any closer appointment is available - hopefully we are able to fix this for you soon!
Many thanks

Tom_W