cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 restarts when casting

moonie-m
Tuning in

I've had this issue ever since I got upgraded from the Hub 3 to Hub 4, but it's now so frustrating that I need to do something about it.

Basically, whenever I cast my phone screen onto my TV, it works for a couple of minutes, then my Hub 4 restarts. This then means I lose Internet connection for a few min until it's restarted (which my partner doesn't appreciate if they're on a video call with work!)

It's almost as if it's too much for it to handle and it crashes. It happens every time, but the time it takes before it restarts varies between about 2 and 20 mins.

Both my TV and phone are Samsung devices and both only a couple of years old so I can't think of any reason of would be causing it. I've tried all sorts of things, including factory resetting the hub but nothing works. Maybe I can get it swapped out for a Hub 5?

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

Do you get any errors in the 'Network Log' tab at the time the reboot occurs, under 'Check router status', when accessing the HUB in a web browser on 192.168.0.1?

Hi @carl_pearce nothing at the time it happened...

There's this which looks to be about the time I started casting:

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 41; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Then this when it reconnected to the Internet after restarting:

MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

(the casting lasted 5 mins this time before it restarted)

Hi there @moonie-m 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened I can imagine how frustrating this must be! Also thank you to our community for their help so far.

Can I just check does the Hub only lose connection when the phone is casting? 

Yes, that's right @Ashleigh_C. It doesn't just lose connective though, the wifi signal disappears completely and it looks like the hub restarts. It happens very reliably every time I cast my phone screen (or when my partner casts his). 

Hello moonie-m.

Thanks for replying.

What device are you using for casting? Chromecast or direct through your TV?

I will be honest its a strange one if it reboots the hub as well.

Can I send you a private message? that way I can take a look in a bit more detail.

If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L