cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Red Power Light

allyq02
Tuning in

Hi

My hub 3 has a constant solid Red power light, I have read the help page on the Virgin website and several posts on the forum which suggests the hub is overheating or in modem mode.

I can confirm that it is in router mode, well ventilated and I have tried to reboot the hub several times but the light stays solid Red.

More recently I have also noticed the WiFi drops out randomly for no obvious reason, virgin report a good connection in the local area.

Does this indicate a fault with the hub? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The engineer came today, took one look listened to what has happened and replaced it with a Hub 5.

All going well so far, fingers crossed.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @allyq02 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Apologies for any broadband issues but thanks for letting us know about the red light.

You need a tech visit so I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

breadbox1
Joining in

Mine has been getting redder for months, I'm sure its just the LED aging badly. It's a bi-colour LED that shows red and green i think? The green side is aging and getting dimmer as time goes on. It used to be an off white (a combination of the green and red), and has been going orange and is now red. I don't think its an issue at all.

Hey @breadbox1,

With hour Hub lights, on the 3 the lights can Dim over time with continued use, with this what we would ask is for you to perform a full reboot of your equipment, once the Hub is back online can you confirm back to us if the light remains red.

Joe

It could be just the LED failing over time as the hub does work ok most of the time except for WiFi dropping out intermittently.

John_GS has already arranged a technician visit so I will see what they say and post the outcome.

It could just be a LED issue, we have a technician booked to visit so they can check if it's that or something more serious.

We have tried rebooting it and resetting it several times and the LED stays a constant bright Red.

The WiFi drops more often recently but I suppose that could be for all sorts of reasons.

The engineer came today, took one look listened to what has happened and replaced it with a Hub 5.

All going well so far, fingers crossed.