cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order WiFi pods

stiffers
On our wavelength

Heya all, is there a way to order these without needing to use live chat? I have tested my rooms and have a few black spots in the house. On the website every time I ticket to include the pods I get an error saying ‘oops we can’t process that at the moment’. 

I have tried to contact the support team but had no response after hours, tried to use the WhatsApp functionality too but didn’t get a response either and it’s been days. 

Seems like everything on the website results in an oops error lately.. what do I do, I don’t have time to wait around for hours with a tab open unfortunately 

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi stiffers 

The pods are free on the Gig1 package, Ultimate Oomph, or any Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

You need to perform the Home Scan using the Connect app in the area where the signal is low(est) or as near to there as possible.  The home scan feature will guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests. If it finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test your broadband speed to the WiFi Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network.

If everything’s okay with the Hub, the app will take you through to order a WiFi Pod to help boost your WiFi connection.

How to perform the scan and order the wifi pods when using the Connect app.

• Tap Start the scan and then  
  • While connected to WiFi, Tap "I’m ready " and then wait a couple of minutes for the scan  to complete, and then tap Continue 
  • Tap Add a room, and at on the room you're in, then Start the Scan (do this in every room) 
  • When the scan is complete tap Optimise WiFi now if the options shows as that will try and improve the connection in the current room 
  • When it shows Optimisation complete, tap Rescan room,  tap Start Scan  and then you can click on Order a WiFi Booster if it shows as an option

If that doesn't work you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Craigseddon1
Joining in

Hi, I too need WiFi pods but wasn't aware of getting them other than requesting them in the VM WhatsApp chat. After eventually getting through iwas told that they were ordered. But no tracking id for yodel or any text to confirm that. I recontacted them 2 weeks later and went through the same procedure, and again tracking id or proof of order. So I am now going to get in touch with the One Show on TV to see if more people are having troubles.

Hm I did this through the app but was never walked through ordering the pods. I have the option on the site but it errors out, classic..

Hi @Craigseddon1 👋.

Apologies to hear you are having issues related to our WiFi Max. I would like to bring you in for a private message so we can look into this and see where the problem lies. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi @stiffers 

Thanks for reaching out to us. We can certainly assist you with the signal issues you are having and ordering a pod. I would like to bring you in for a private message so we can look into your account and go through diagnostics for the pods. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi I have replied thanks 

Hi Sabrina & VM team.

Having major Probs getting a decent signal in the room we use as an office. I have gig 1 which is running good in all other tested areas but I’m only getting between 22 and 10 mbps over six tests using the VM connect app. I can’t seem to order a pod within the app. Please could you help me order one to see if this resolves the issue?
Thank you

Hey @WyattEarp,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post. 

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, I would like to go about looking into this with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information in a private message which I will be sending to you shortly.

Joe