cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I return the router in as good a condition as possible

monkk
Joining in

As is widely discussed here, there's nothing that makes you want to legalize arson against corporate offices more than attempting to leave Virgin Broadband.

I have now learned to my extreme /pleasure/ that Virgin retains the power to charge me £65 for not returning a £20 router box even AFTER I have severed all ties with them

My issue is that gee wouldn't you know, I have a whole lot of magnets and such around my home. I'm terribly worried that the router will have sustained some kind of internal damage which can't be discerned from the outside.

So my question is; is there any chance I'd still be charged for such a thing? As I said, any damage would be purely accidental and I'd certainly hate for Virgin to be left out of pocket.

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

All I can say is that under s. H4 of the current Ts and Cs the cheap and nasty hubs have to be returned "in a reasonable condition, allowing for fair wear and tear."

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

They are supposed to provide you with a returns bag.  If they haven't done that, you can't return the hub.  Plus you've registered the fact in writing on VM's forum so if they chase you, there's fun to be had!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @monkk,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about your issue faced with returning equipment, you can find all about what equipment we need back as well as how to order some returns packaging here.

Joe