cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Packets

MeMyself-i
On our wavelength

Hi, I’m not sure if it’s just me but I’ve noticed a spike in dropped packets, loss of WiFi service on a daily basis, where I’ve had to reset the hub several times a day. This morning the whole thing was completely down, is there a fault in the area no one ever tells you about. Anyway below is a screen shot of the dropped packets, any help or thoughts why this keeps occurring? 

IMG_2171.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi MeMyself-i 👋

Welcome back to the community, and thank you for posting to let us know about the issues you have been having with your service! So sorry to hear about these connection issues!

Having had a look at things for you it does appear you are currently affected by a known local outage which the team are working on. The estimated fix time for this currently is 01.12.23 at 6pm. You can check for outage information  👉  https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061. 

Hopefully once the outage has been resolved you will no longer see any issues with your service, but please do let us know if the outage is no longer listed and you continue to have problems - this may indicate a fault with your equipment, home network or cabling that we can investigate and offer further help with.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

gitty
Fibre optic

If you have (some) service, you may just have gotten a new ip address. 🙂

Client62
Legend

Use 0800 561 0061 to check for faults / service outages in your street.

The BQM shows 1 spike of lost packets - did you reboot / reset your VM Hub or your 3rd party Router then ?
And one total outage period, an overnight service window / service failure perhaps.

Hi I rebooted the vm hub, but no joy with getting it back up and running. 

Hi MeMyself-i 👋

Welcome back to the community, and thank you for posting to let us know about the issues you have been having with your service! So sorry to hear about these connection issues!

Having had a look at things for you it does appear you are currently affected by a known local outage which the team are working on. The estimated fix time for this currently is 01.12.23 at 6pm. You can check for outage information  👉  https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061. 

Hopefully once the outage has been resolved you will no longer see any issues with your service, but please do let us know if the outage is no longer listed and you continue to have problems - this may indicate a fault with your equipment, home network or cabling that we can investigate and offer further help with.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly