cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting out around midnight every night!

Manicmayhem
Joining in

I have the same issue it's been months now, have to use phone data after 11.30 at night as its so unstable it connects then disconnects constantly during the Early hours but all tests come back as hub is fine and WiFi scan shows strong strength in all rooms when it is actually working, during the day it happens the odd time but it's rare.

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm thinking of leaving virgin after 20yrs as this service is awful and I'm paying £76 a mth but can't even use Internet at night.

4 REPLIES 4

Hosay299
Superfast

HI Have u reported the issue to VM before today and if so how did u report it have u check the service checker on there site it checks ur services and can log a fualt via this

please wait for a vm staff to reply this can be a few days if u would like so more help just ask we can help u out

How long have u had ur current HUB and what version do u have and what are the lights like on it when y lose internet

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Manicmayhem 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your service. 

I have checked our systems and can see a technician visit has been arranged for you already. 

Let us know how the visit goes so we can offer further support if required 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

wovendesign
Tuning in

Im also experiencing this issue, I got installed a few days ago and around midnight on the last few nights the internet has dropped out entirely. The hub5 has a solid white light but when you run tests it says you are not connected to the internet. On Monday it took 12 hours to get back up and running, last night it was back on once I woke up this morning around 6am. The last two nights its gone off at 12.00am and last night 12.01am.

Hey wovendesign,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection at the moment. This is a strange issue for the connection to drop at midnight. Have you rebooted or tried a pin hole reset of your router since the issues started? 

Are you able to setup a broadband quality monitor via the link here? This will help us to diagnose the issues. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L