cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling - I JUST WANT TO CANCEL

hdupont1999
Joining in

I have been with Virgin for two and a bit years! I just want to cancel my service as I have moved place.

I have messaged them via the webchat and everytime they disconnect without actually cancelling. I have now been on the phone with them for 2 hours and I have spoken to 3 representatives who keep putting me on hold everytime. Saying "hold for a few moments while we cancel" and then actually putting me on hold for 45 minutes.

Whoever is thinking of signing up to Virgin Media - please run in the other direction. I am not one to post anything but it's just absolutely disgraceful - we are in 2023 and the level of disrespect for a paying customer of over 2 years is outrageous.

Before this, I was considering moving to Virgin for a mobile plan but that's straight out the window and I hope this will also be the case for whoever reads this. I JUST WANT TO CANCEL.

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Cancel by signed for letter & avoid being messed about.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hdupont1999 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies in the delay that you are having in cancelling your services. Have you been able to put your disconnection request in since this post, or do you require further assistance? I shall send you a private message in the event that you do. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).