cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping out

Dickiedot
Joining in

We started our VM contact in late December. Broadband continually drops out. We’ve had 4 new routers (now on version 5) 3 engineer visits and thousands of “looks like we need to reboot your router” messages. The last engineer visit fitted a new isolator the old one he said went out with the ark. It continues to drop out and after he ran diagnostics he said yes I can see where it’s been dropping, should be alright now. Well it isn’t and no help seems to be available, we’re getting very fed up, any advice on the best route to take will be appreciated.

Dickiedot 

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Raise a formal complaint with a view to escalating to the Ombudsman. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

VM appear to be failing in their legal duty to exercise care and skill in delivering your broadband service. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act-aKJYx8n5KiSl#supply-of-a-serv...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dickiedot 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the internet issues. Normally, we'd advise to check our service page where you'd pop your postcode and surname of the account holder in, any known issues would then show. If none listed, you'd then sign in using your online account details and run the fault test. However, as you've already stated about the messages about the rebooting router and also several visits, you already know this.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks, I may well do that, we’re just having some cctv installed and I’ll see how that goes first

regards Richard