cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase on new contract

Elgeet1
Joining in

So I signed up as a new customer in January on what I thought was a fixed price for 12 months. However, I am now told I am getting an ‘annual’ increase. 

The accompanying blurb states:

• If you currently have an offer or discount on your main services, this increase will apply to the monthly price after your discount or offer expires.

This is pretty ambiguous wording. I don’t see how I can have an annual increase applied to a contract I took out 2 months ago. Anyone else in a similar boat?

3 REPLIES 3

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @Elgeet1 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been affected by the price rise.
Are you able to check your contract - our contracts are 18 months although a hand few may be 12 months.

If you do have documentation where it states it is 12 months - please reply and let us know and we'll get this investigated.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry you’re right. It’s 18 months. And having read the small print in my contract I can see this increase was there. I still think it’s ridiculous to apply an ‘annual’ increase to a contract you only entered into two months ago. 

Hi Elgeet1,

We do understand your disappointment that there is a price increase after 2 months, we do advise everything on the contract and also give a 14 day cooling off period if you do change your mind, apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.