cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from V Mobile to O2 sim

DrawnClaws
Dialled in

A Big Kudos and Thank You to all the Good People at Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media Broadband. 

Over a couple of broadband contract terms I have enjoyed an excellent product from VM. Stable and secure.

There have been hiccups and even a “puzzlement” along the way mostly concerning the poor Billing and obtuse Accounting from Virgin Media. 
I have one of those ongoing even now. … but I am relaxed about that.
Given time it will all come out in the wash. 

A special thank you to those of you who moderate these pages.
‘Drawnclaws’ is very grateful for your help and advice over the three years. 

”You’re moving to a shiny new O2 sim plan”

I have everything crossed that everything will happen seamlessly … that the product will be as good as before.

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @DrawnClaws thanks for your reply here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so we can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey DrawnClaws, thank you for reaching out and we are  so happy you are excited  for your new shiny O2 plan.

You can find out some information about it here . Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt … thank you for your reply.

Chaos!

My 11th July migration failed as I like to switch my phone off at night. I missed that instruction.

However I did note that I must be in the country. That distracted me.

On phoning 789 I was categorically castigated for not fully understanding all of the VM detail in the two email.  VM say the migration will now be 11 August and use the jargon that the account is fully ‘locked’.

I will have run out of data within in 48 hours as i did not get the ‘failed’ notification until today (in my calling 789) and I was anticipating my shiny new data quota. 

The current position is I am running two phones … afraid to put my shiny O2-UK physical sim in the better phone. 

Phone 1 [VM e-sim] VM data allowance still active / receives texts to my number but does not ring when called.

Phone 2 [the O2-UK physical sim supplied] receives calls and uses the MyO2 massive data allowance. This is an iPhone 4 with a cracked screen and it is pants for the internet.

Strangely the O2-UK security texts sent show no indication on Phone 2. These appear on the iPhone 13 Pro.

When the data runs out my intention is to disable the VM e-sim at the risk of my NHS important hospital texts disappearing into the ether.
IMG_6363.pngThe O2-UK physical sim supplied (verified working apart from texts) will then go in the big iPhone and all will be sweetness and bright for evermore.IMG_0065.jpeg

Does that sound a sensible plan?

Best regards, Nigel.

Hi @DrawnClaws thanks for your reply here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so we can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W