cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change my mind after given notice

IGSrd
Joining in

Just wondering if anyone in the forum will be able to give some advise on our situation.

I started a broadband contract with VM on 10th August but since have found a better deal with another provider. I gave VM notice within the 14-day cooling period on 22nd August, which means the contract & service will be terminated on 21st September. Unfortunately I found out that the new provider may take longer to activate our service which could lead to a gap of no internet. To avoid this, my only option seems to be asking VM to extend the contract by a month or so. Is this possible, particularly after the termination contract has already been confirmed? 

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

I think VM would accept a withdrawal of your cancellation but then hold you to your contract and related early disconnection fee. It might be better to see the VM cancellation through and take out a rolling monthly contract either with Now broadband or 3's 5g hub offer for now. You can then sign up again as a brand new VM customer after 3 months have passed as required if your intended provider is still letting you down. The lesson here is to always run the legacy provider for a parallel month together with the new provider if you can afford it. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

spell
Knows their stuff

As above - currently your cancellation seems to be on track which is an achievement in itself. Absolutely anything could happen from VMs side if you attempt to alter or meddle with the arrangement.

Far better to put up with or deal with the inconvenience of the downtime.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @IDSrd

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your cancellation

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and I'll look to get this sorted for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs