cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongful reporting of missed payment

Cmcdonagh88
Joining in

Im wondering if anyone can help- I’ve been trying to sort this for over a week now and haven’t got very far!
i have been a customer of Virgin Media since May 2017 and most recently closed my account on 14th September 2023. Every single payment has been made on time due to the direct debit set up to take payments around the 13/14th of each month.

To my absolute horror when I was checking me credit score, I saw that I had an ‘adverse credit rating’ from VM  dating from September 2023.  Damaging my excellent credit rating and putting tarnish on something I have worked so hard to achieve.

I have not missed one payment but VM have reported this to the credit agencies as otherwise. I have followed what they have said to do- emailing the credit file amendments but to wait up to 21 days for an error on their part is just not good enough!

I have tried and tried to speak to someone in VM regarding this to complain but I’ve had constant promises of I’ll have someone phone me back since last Tuesday. The web complaints doesn’t let me complain as my account is now closed. 

anyone got any ideas on what to do next?

thanks so much! 

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Cmcdonagh88 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your credit report and for any inconvenience caused, I'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Credit scores are mainly something that every lending organisation does internally & confidentially, but also something sold by some independent companies that is arguably meaningless - the "adverse credit rating" I think reflects that.

What matters more, is the specific details on your (free) statutory credit report - it would be worthwhile, if you've not already done so, obtaining this from the 3 leading CRAs (Credit reference agencies) for which there should be no charge. Then identify any specific errors on there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks