cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media/ Netflix

Neddy1960
Joining in

Since last July I’ve been charged every month for Netflix, which I don’t have through Virgin.

Every month I ring you and you agree that I am being mis charged, then you refund me, and say very sorry won’t happen again, and here I am again 

22 REPLIES 22

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Neddy1960 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to hear that you are being charged for Netflix. 

In order for this to be added to your bill, someone would have needed to have logged into the Netflix account and updated the payment details to pay through Virgin Media. There would have been a few confirmation pages and the PIN would have also needed to be entered.

The Netflix billing isn't something we can activate from here. 

It's worth checking your  box to see if the account logged in matches the account you're also paying for through them as usually once you opt to pay through Virgin Media, the payment is then not taken separately too so if this is happening, it sounds as though you've created a new account rather than logging in to an existing account.

To cancel paying Netflix through your Virgin Media bill, you will need to log in to the Netflix account directly through them and either cancel the account or update the payment details to another method. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry Alisha that’s wrong, on every occasion your work companions have agreed with me and refunded my account.

also on another occasion I was told to go to entertainment services and actually cancel Netflix through there as it has a glitch in the system which unfortunately updates the system.

currently I am unable to cancel Netflix on the system 

When you sign into your Netflix account, can you see that VM billing has been added as a payment method?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No the only form of payment is for a debit card 

Is this your debit card or it showing to add one?

If there is no card on file this means we wouldn't be able to charge you.

Netflix can only be added via you unless its free for from the package. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No 

This is the debit card that since 2017 has paid my 10.99 subscription direct to Netflix.

Someone on your end or as a glitch has added Netflix premium.

Also if this has been all my doing why has every month been refunded 

What do you mean refunded sorry?

If this was added on by our mistake we would just take it off?

When you go to Netflix and try to cancel it does it give you an option?

It should also allow you to cancel it there to.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

You promise me every month to take it off, then proceed to refund me, so it can’t be my problem.

Also if I can to entertainment service on my Virgin main page it will not allow me to cancel package there, as it should.

As for Netflix main page, I have had an account with them for years, so why would I activate an extra account with you.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us on this, Neddy1960.

We appreciate the frustration that this issue is causing. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into getting this raised.

In most cases, the Netflix account should be cancellable directly by contacting Netflix, or accessing the associated account. Please look out for my private message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ