cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total shambles - charges

AlisD
Joining in

Please can someone from Virgin help sort out this mess.

Long story short, my wife upgraded her mobile last year, the salesman got her to sign up for Virgin broadband at the same time. We didn't need it as we're happy with our current provider. The Virgin router sat unopened in it's box until we ordered it to be collected (admittedly a couple of months past the initial cancellation period).

Later we started to receive demand emails from a debt collection company. I called Virgin, and after an hour on the phone, and speaking to several people, I was finally put through to a helpful lady who agreed that, as the router was never connected, we would not have to pay any fees and the account would be marked as such and closed. Problem solved I thought... No, the demand emails from the debt collection company continued. We explained to them that Virgin had agreed no charges were due but they said Virgin had no record of this and we still owed them money. I called up Virgin again, and after another hour on the phone spoke to a man who said he'd need to check the original call transcript to see what was agreed. He promised to call me back with his decision. He didn't.

The debt collection agency are still chasing us for payment. I have logged on to the account, it is now showing as closed, and the bill we are being chased to pay is marked as 'Paid' so I can only assume that Virgin have played back the original call and agreed that we owe nothing. 

I do not want to spend another hour (or minute) navigating the call center for a third time so please can someone get back to me to discuss this as a matter of urgency. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @AlisD 

Thank you so much for your and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with an old account and I can fully understand your frustration! I would love to help here but can I first check, is this account registered under yours or your wife's name?

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AlisD thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R