cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same package, same price renewal

jamesvm2
Tuning in

Hi

Currently on a Volt deal with extra box, Netflix, TNT sports, Sky Sports, HD, and sim card from 02.

Got an email from VM last month offering the same package, same price for another 18 months.  I'm happy with the package so went for it and the price per month was the same as what I am paying so thought no more.

I stumbled across another post here with something similar and it said the packages had now changed and now im confused.  There is no reference to TNT sports, Netflix, the extra box or the sim card in the pre contract information.  I chatted on whatsapp with VM and they said it was an online only offer, but assured me the VM backend staff would ensure it actually is like for like and I wont be left short, but I'm still not conviced..

It's not gone live yet, but before it does I want to make sure I am getting what was advertised to me and I'm not being scammed into a bad deal.

Please can someone from VM advise?

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jamesvm2,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that there's some concern regarding a package change. Do you have details of the offer that was made to you? It'll detail what is and isn't included, so you can ensure you're happy with it.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

 Hi Zach,

This was the email received - and I followed the link and accepted.  I’m on maxit tv now and it says I will be going onto Mega TV instead.  But as long as it is the same full package with add ons I’m fine with it.  I don’t want to lose anything. 

Hi @jamesvm2,

I can't see any email, assuming you were referring to a screenshot/attached image, but we'd advise against that here publicly for security reasons.

Did you receive an order confirmation document? As advised, that will detail the offer so you'll be able to look at that and see if you're happy with everything that's included in the bundle along with the price.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes I posted a screenshot of the email - it reads -

Hello James

It looks like your contract's ending soon. As a thanks for being a Virgin Media customer, for a limited time only, get the same great package for the same price* by renewing today. *Monthly price shown will increase each April from April 2024 by the Retail Price Index rate of inflation announced in February each year plus 3.9%. See virginmedia.com/prices for details.

You can browse, work, stream, and game just like you do now, and keep enjoying all your Virgin Media benefits, too.

I followed the link in the email and confirmed renewal.  The contract documents sent to me are NOT the same deal as advertised, it says mega tv not maxit I am currently on and there is nothing there to say I’m keeping Netflix, the 02 sim or TNT sports.  The email clearly states same package same price so which is correct ? If it’s not going to be exactly the same I want to cancel the request to renew.  Can you help with that please ? 

Thanks for coming back to us @jamesvm2.

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you and see if we can have the package altered to have this amended or if preferred cancelled as advised.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me via private message @jamesvm2

I'm pleased to hear that this has been sorted, but do feel free to return to our Community Forums if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,

David_Bn