cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip off bills after disconnection and no access to complaints.

Pjoffice
Tuning in

Absolutely furious to receive a bill for £65 for unreturned equipment after disconnection. The disconnection emails were absolutely clear that I would receive instructions on how to return my equipment but they never arrived. I have had all my kit sitting waiting to go back ever since. Then I get a bill for £65 and then a couple of days later finally got an email offering me a date for the equipment to be picked up. This is an absolute joke. This is made worse by the fact that when I went on to My Virgin Media to complain it says that now I am disconnected I can't raise a complaint. This is a total joke and you are deluded if you think I'm paying anything else to Virgin. I'm tempted to send my own bill in for storage costs of looking after their equipment for two months. The up side is I am now getting a faster, much more reliable service at a third of the price and would encourage all Virgin customers to shop around as there are much better, cheaper and reliable providers out there at a fraction of the cost. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pjoffice

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We are very sorry you didn't receive the return packaging.

I can see you mentioned you have now been offered a door collection.

Once that has been done, the charges for the equipment will be removed from the account. 

We apologise for any upset or concern that may have been caused by this. 

If you have any further questions regarding this, please pop back to us here and we would be happy to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Yup VM is an absolute joke when it comes to its processes and operations. 

Who did you move to BTW? 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pjoffice

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We are very sorry you didn't receive the return packaging.

I can see you mentioned you have now been offered a door collection.

Once that has been done, the charges for the equipment will be removed from the account. 

We apologise for any upset or concern that may have been caused by this. 

If you have any further questions regarding this, please pop back to us here and we would be happy to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

We had City Fibre installed in our neighborhood. It's fast, reliable and customer service from our chosen provider has been first class. They actually pick up the phone and you can talk to genuinely good customer service representatives who know their stuff. Installation was also a great experience. Not had any down time, no fluctuations in speed and the Linksys router provided is great. Just a really positive experience all round opposed to every communication I have (or tried to have more like) with Virgin. 

Thanks Vicky, appreciate you getting back to me and clarifying the situation. Hopefully it will all go according to plan this week.