cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered deal from retentions only last week, to be told today its no longer valid for that price?

Jaguare240
Tuning in

I was sent a text message on Saturday 26th August from what I believe is a legitimate contact of VM offering £26 for my package (broadband and landline for weekends). Too good to be true as I called today and I was told the offer is no longer valid, giving what I believe is a flimsy reason stating "its September" now. I was offered £38 instead. I asked if they could lower the speed to get a lower price, and he was only able to reduce it to £35. 

Is it true VM can pull offers within a week of offering it? 

It's a shame as I was hoping to stay with VM as I have been with them for more than a decade, but I can no longer justify the prices when competitors are offering far better prices. 

3 REPLIES 3

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jaguare240,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this elusive offer looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥

In truth, it is always best to jump on a good deal straight away as our offers can change quickly. 

Some offers are exclusive to our Online Store or to our Sales Teams so please keep this in mind if you see any more offers in future! 

We are sorry that you missed out on this deal, however we do have brilliant deals on our Online Store.

If you're thinking of leaving us due to price, we completely understand and will be sad to see you go; our Retentions Team will have some amazing final offers for you if you want to give them a call on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4. The best time to call to avoid the long queues is 8am in the morning. 

Please let us know how the call goes!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thank you, but I've already put in the disconnection prior to this offer. I'd rather not go through the hassle of going through retentions again for an expensive offer. 

Hi Jaguare240,

Thanks for updating us on your current situation, I'm sorry to hear you've already popped through your disconnection - Although I completely understand. 

I wish you all the best with your new provider!

If you need any other help, please let us know 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L