cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not honouring agreed price

atw1
Joining in

Hello,

A search on this forum suggests this is not an uncommon situation and I’m hoping for some assistance.

Virgin media are new to our area and I was interested in signing up as the speed they were offering was significantly higher than the current offering.

I was told to ring a number, which I did and I was told I couldn’t sign up yet. The next day a “local” sales rep rang me and he agreed to match the price on moneysavingexpert website and I agreed to the 500mb package for £33.50 a month. He said that the contract would say £44.50 but it was ok he would get his manager to apply a credit to the bill.

The contract did indeed say £44.50 and I (stupidly) agreed to it.

The first bill came and it was of course £44.50. I called him and said he would sort it blaming his manager and send through conformation, then nothing, rung him again this week and said the same and he would send me confirmation of the deal. Still nothing.

Have I been done over and scammed by being lied to or do I have a case for Virgin honouring the verbally agreed deal (I have no paperwork). It is not a great first impression of Virgin media. Any advice will be gratefully received.

2 REPLIES 2

Zombiebait
On our wavelength

I had reliable VM for many years, but now I'm having to ask similar on here and sadly relying upon, "To cancel you have FOURTEEN days from the later of: (i) the day after the delivery of the equipment; (ii) the service start date; or (iii) the day you received this contract (that provides a link to the Terms and Conditions)," if I don't get a truthful answer promptly.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi atw1 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear about this experience. If our Field Sales Team are applying manual recurring credits for the duration of your contract, then this should usually be done within 14 days of your service activation, to prevent your bill being higher than expected.

I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this further. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope, or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ