cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phobe line con

caddyshak
Tuning in

Just spent nearly 45 minutes on the phone trying to remove my home phone line as per the email received on the back of the change to fibre landline only to be told that it going to cost me double what I am paying now because you can only cancel if you upgrade to TV Max  which is contra to what the email states... what a con.. got to be one for Rip Off Britain 

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Similar query was answered below recently by the VM forum team

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Digital-Switchover-and-Early-Disconnection-Fee/m-p/5...

What is it you are wanting to achieve?

Cancel the phone and keep TV/broadband in a different package/price?

There is a general provision in VM's T&Cs which allow you to cancel all your VM services and leave with no EDF, in a time-limited window, if VM does something which is "not exclusively to your benefit".

What does the VM letter state your options are?

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @caddyshak

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're looking to remove the landline service from your bundle due to the switchover. Would you mind clarifying why you wish to remove it? Are you looking to change your package because you're unhappy with it?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

caddyshak
Tuning in

Simply because we never use it as we both have mobile phones with free calls as do most these days. The issue has now been resolved with a second phone call and a very helpful lady from Virgin Media and within 10 minutes... why can't all your agents be like that?

What should I do if I’m not sure about switching my home phone service? 
By switching, you’ll still be able to use your home phone.   

But, if you want to cancel our services without paying an early disconnection fee, call us on 150 from a Virgin Media home phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. 

Glad to hear the issue was resolved with our team @caddyshak 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs