cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home - New Contract and No Credit for Delay

Jad92
Joining in

I moved house in November and decided to take my internet contract with me, I'd signed up to £15 a month for 6 months (until March) and then £33 onwards. 

The installation was originally for the 14/12 but the installation team placed the outside equipment on the wrong house on our street. I've checked back through the chat log where I requested the move and the right address was confirmed. 

This meant that the installation was delayed again until the 27/12, which was cancelled again and finally it was installed on 13/01, a delay of 30 days. 

From my understanding, I should have been due compensation for the delay of installation as it was Virgin who failed to get the correct address. Every time I have tried to query this on the phone I can't get a straight answer on why credit hasn't been applied and spoke with a manager who was highly dismissive. 

On top of this I've also had my bill raised to £55 a month which I never agreed to. Surely the contract would move over and a new one shouldn't be started. 

I've been trying to sort this through the phone lines but it feels like I'm going nowhere, I've been hung up on and dismissed countless times.

Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with a similar situation, I'm planning on submitting a written complaint this week as it feels like I've been left no choice. 

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Jad92 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue and thank you again for posting. I can understand how frustrating this issue must have been. 

I would be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.