cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of customer support

jaybee192
On our wavelength

Early last month I received a mail, as others have, saying that my contract was due to expire and so I needed to renew. I phoned up and after the usual long wait and pot luck as to whether I had chosen the right options, I eventually spoke to an agent. The new contract offer matching my current package was some £40 more which naturally I wasn’t happy about. I had been a customer for half my lifetime from the days of Cable & Wireless, NTL etc through to VM but obviously loyalty is never a factor when it comes to negotiating a new contract. However, the mail I had received initially saying I needed to renew was from the ‘Web Team’ and on opening a link in that the offer was over £20 less than my current contract. The offer didn’t include TNT Sports but if I added that separately that would still have been cheaper than my current contract. I told the agent about that offer but he said his department couldn’t match that (don’t they work for the same company?!).

So, I took the Web Team offer and received an email with an order number and the price confirmed with the update due to be completed on March 16th.  I have heard nothing since. I received notification of my next payment recently and that remained at the ‘old’ amount.  Since then I have regularly received mails saying my contract was due to expire and I would need to renew! Each of those mails had a link to an offer but each time on clicking that it said ‘Oops, something went wrong, please try again later’ or words to that effect. Also, when I check my orders in MyVirginMedia it says I have no orders despite receiving that mail from the Web Team.  I even replied to that mail over 2 weeks ago asking what was going on but needless to say I have had no response.  I haven’t bothered to go through the palaver of ringing up to try and speak to someone In order to get this issue resolved so I thought I would vent my frustrations within the Community.  I have stuck with VM all these years because generally I have been happy with the service but this recent episode is now making me wonder especially as more and more customers seem to be very disillusioned with the service VM are now providing. I’ll wait and see if this triggers any reaction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jaybee192,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see the offer you received Via our Web team hasn't been added and that you have been unable to move forward in regards to getting it added, this is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we want to provide.

So we can have a look into this for you I will send you an invite into a private chat, look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jaybee192,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see the offer you received Via our Web team hasn't been added and that you have been unable to move forward in regards to getting it added, this is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we want to provide.

So we can have a look into this for you I will send you an invite into a private chat, look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jaybee192,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat, glad I was able to help and look at your package for you, if you do need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

jaybee192
On our wavelength

Excellent help from Paul in resolving the issue and arranging a very satisfactory renewal package deal.

dont believe a word of this.