cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was put on new contract when moving house without me even knowing

Vix17
Joining in

I joined VM on Wednesday 29th June 2022 for a 18 month contracr for £24/month which was suposed to end on 28th December 2023. 

In midle of 2023 I moved my house. Before moving I checked online if VM was available at my future new location and it was. Then I called to informe move, location and dates. On 5th January I noticed Virgin charge of £58 which instantly reminded me of charge increase on month 19 if you still stay with VM. The same day i called up and asked to cancel my services, the lady on phone was nice to me she even started offering existing customer deals which i could get if i decide not to cancel but i still wanted cancelation and after while i was told that my services will be disconected on 5th February as it takes 30 days for service cancelation. 

Few days ago I recived a latter with a bill of £578.21 which will be taken off me on 5th March 2024 "shocked" i called up the VM explaining the problem after which the guy asked me few questions if im the acc holder and the safe word after which he was able to see whats happening. Surprisingly he said he cannot see such carge in my account and that the latter must be scam. He asked me few questions on whats on the letter such as (addres and account number) on which i told him what they are. He looked the account number up and then out of nowhere he asked if I've been moving locations recently, on which i replied yes about 7 month ago i moved at this curent location. From there he started telling me that when you move you are put on new contract. After hearing that i started questioning him. In his conclusin he said that as im on new contracr "which i had no idea about nor i agreed on it" the bill of £578.21  is an early disconection fee that i got to pay now.

Excuse me what??? I never agreed for any new contract to be made nor that i was told im on new contract when i was doing my cancelation. All i did was move home and my package as i still had 6 months untill my contract finished. 

Why do i now have to pay £578.21 for something that i never agreed on???

For 2 days ive been trying to solve this out via phone and chats but all i get is to be redirected from person to person spending hours and getting nowhere. 

Can sombody help me as im on the verge of getting charged nearly £600 for something i havent agreed on?

4 REPLIES 4

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Vix17 thanks for reaching out.  And welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of your billing and contract issues. And for any concerns this may be causing you. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Vix17 thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.  
Regards
Lee_R

Hi @Lee_R thanks for your help. 

I am really satisfied and glad with forum team while helping to sort this out, I really apreciate your efforts while dealing with this issue. 

Once again thank you so much.

That's a pleasure @Vix17.  Like I say, if you ever need us in the future, please don't hesitate in reaching out.

Regards

Lee