cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I moved house and our bill has doubled

thoron
Joining in

Signed up for £33 per month back in April, moved house in November thinking everything went smoothly until I received my "first bill" saying I owe £108 then £55 the month after. I haven't even received a new contract to dispute this. When I try access my virgin account it says my latest bill was the one before I moved and noticed the new bill has a completely separate account number. Im also a volt customer and tried ordering a WiFi Pod to extend my range into my office as I was only averaging 1mbps, to no avail, apparently no one could order this and I did this over 2 weeks ago. I suspect because I was using my "old" account details before I moved but again, no one informed me that my account would change. I'm completely drained from calling and speaking to someone who doesn't know what's going on and chatting to the Virgin WhatsApp chat and getting nowhere, someone please help!

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Hopefully a staff member will pick this up and offer to help. If that doesn't work you will have to make a formal complaint. The official position is that if you requested a move with no change whatever to the service then the new contract should continue the same as the old one. If you asked for any change however small they will start a new contract at a new price.

You need to make notes of every contact with VM, including the time and date of phone calls. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks, all I did was tell them I was changing address so I see no reason they had to set up a new account/ contract. I guess I'll have to raise a complaint if no one gets back to me.