cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accepted a renewal offer - got the contract - now VM won't honour it!

DarronandLiziy
Joining in

Hi, 

First time posting as i am absolutely raging with what has happened. 

Our 18 month contract is up in Jan, so we had VM chasing us in Oct to renew, which we did as we had an offer which was acceptable to us. More than we are paying now but not stupidly more. So, I accepted it and then we received the contract documentation through. We thought that was it, job done, and come Jan we would get the agreed increased price. But this last week or so i've had VM call me loads. I finally was able to answer and they were asking me if i wanted to renew. Strange i thought as i already have done haven't i? and i told them so.

I went online to check my account and low and behold my next bill will be huge as its a horrific increase in price and nothing like what i agreed (£102 agreed from current £85, they now want to charge £155). I got into a chat with them online by pretending to want to upgrade (otherwise they want nothing to do with you online) and they kept saying that the offer i was given they cannot match now! What the hell? I have a contract summary sheet from them! They have offered me a deal to tie me in and now are literally refusing to honour it. 

Please can someone help with this? 

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DarronandLiziy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there's been some confusion and dispute with a package change. It'd be hard to say exactly as I cannot see the documentation that you're referring to, but it sounds like what we've sent was a document with the contract that you'd then need to agree to via the document. If that's not done then the offer isn't accepted and is taken away.

As our offers are subject to change, it's very possible that since then the original offer you were interested in is no longer available. Have you since agreed to a new deal with the retentions team?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

DarronandLiziy
Joining in

I do not see anywhere on there that asks me to respond to it or has anywhere to sign. The deal was agreed on the phone or chat (i forget which) and then i received the documents confirming it. Nowhere does it ask me to respond so I assumed that was all that needed to happen and no further action from me unless i wanted to cancel/change my mind.

DarronandLiziy
Joining in

have not agreed anything else with retentions. I was talking to them yesterday online but then i had to leave work so end the chat. they had offered me something which i had questions about but i asked them to call me to carry on the chat but they did not.

I am very sorry to hear this @DarronandLiziy 

I'll be happy to take a closer look with you via a private message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Polly15
Tuning in

I am experiencing exactly this.

Polly15
Tuning in

I want my contract honoured or I'm taking it further.

DarronandLiziy
Joining in

Yes, it's a disgrace. I actually have found the email I got which invited me to renew back in Oct. I just clicked on the link and it then asked if I wanted to agree to the offer and I said yes and it produced the contract. But now they are not honouring it! What more could I have done??