cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I WANT TO CANCEL

alaknights
Joining in

I want to cancel my account and have now been waiting to be connected to chat to someone for over 2.5 hours. I am leaving the country and want to cancel my subscription. This is a nightmare trying to get through and it’s simple - I want to cancel it immediately. Please help me as I need this resolved quickly. 

12 REPLIES 12

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM forum staff on here don't routinely deal with cancellations or package renewals and it normally takes several days for them to reply to each topic.

You need to give VM 30 days notice to cancel your account.

Other contact methods here (inc text and Whatsapp)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Contact-Us-link-broken/m-p/5289678#...

You can cancel your services by post as per info below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

Use a first-class, signed-for delivery service. This will give you a date/time of delivery when you gave VM your 30 days’ notice to cancel. Also keep a record of the tracking number. You could also opt (at a cost) for signed for next day delivery before 1 pm.

Neilpeel59
Tuning in

Good luck with that, I have been trying to cancel for nearly 8 weeks now, going round in circles on the phone and via the chat service. I have also now written 3 letters, none of which have been acknowledged or acted upon. In the meantime they have still been billing me.

It's an absolute disgrace.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Correction to my post above, the text and Whatsapp routes are no longer an option it seems.

@Neilpeel59 wrote:

Good luck with that, I have been trying to cancel for nearly 8 weeks now, going round in circles on the phone and via the chat service. I have also now written 3 letters, none of which have been acknowledged or acted upon. In the meantime they have still been billing me.

It's an absolute disgrace.

Did you use a signed-for delivery service for the letters and obtain a date/time of delivery?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @alaknights 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for the wait in getting through to an agent to cancel your contract. 

We don't process disconnections here but we have some info 👉 here on the different methods of contact you may use to cancel your contract. 

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Neilpeel59 👋

Thanks for your post!

Our sincere apologies for the poor experience you have had when trying to cancel your services. 

I can't see we have received your letter so the best way forward would be to call our team on 0345 454 1111.

They'll be able to process the disconnection for you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The 3rd letter yes, but I shouldn't have to do that. Every other letter I have ever sent in my life has been delivered successfully Why would it not arrive at Virgin media?

Quite so, you shouldn't have to use signed-for to send a letter to VM. But it does seem that the signed-for aspect does seem to play a part in how successful the cancellation-by-letter is when dealing with VM.

Hi @Neilpeel59 thanks for your reply.

I can see that you've managed to obtain assistance via Travis from another thread which is great news.

Just sending this here to close this off publicly.

Many thanks

Tom_W