cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 upgrade for £4 a month extra

hicks
Tuning in

Hi folks,

I received two emails offering me an upgrade from 500 meg to a Gig1 connection for £4 a month. I decided to bite and went through with the upgrade, receiving a confirmation mail and new contract.

The expected date for this to complete was yesterday. I'm still on 500, my VM account still shows 500 and shows no sign of a change in package.

While signed into MyVM, I see an option for Gig1 for an extra £10.25 a month which requires new hardware.

What gives? I was emailed twice with an offer which I agreed with and followed through on in good faith. Has anyone else had this happen?

The thought of having to call in does not fill me with glee while trying to work!

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @hicks, thanks for your post and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the confusion over the ordering of the new speed for the agreed £4.00

I'd be happy to look into this for you, to see if this can be resolved for you.

Thanks,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Yeah I have seen a couple of posts like this where VM fail to send the upgraded Hub 4/5 that can actually deliver the upgraded speed. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @hicks, thanks for your post and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the confusion over the ordering of the new speed for the agreed £4.00

I'd be happy to look into this for you, to see if this can be resolved for you.

Thanks,

David_Bn

hicks
Tuning in

Thanks David,

Much appreciated! Do you need any information from me?

Cheers

hicks
Tuning in

@David_Bn oops - I think I might have closed this thread by accident by marking your answer as helpful

No worries @hicks, we'll get this sorted for you regardless 😉

Thanks,

David_Bn