cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fourteen day cooling off period

seaston0801
Joining in

The contract I have received for my broadband order states:

“To cancel you have FOURTEEN days from the later of: (i) the day after the delivery of the equipment; (ii) the service start date; or (iii) the day you received this contract (that provides a link to the Terms and Conditions)." 

Does this mean that it is fourteen days from whichever of these happens the latest? 

For example, I received the contract on 29th Feb, but my installation/service start date isn't until 29th March. Do I have fourteen days from installation/service start as this is the "later of" of the three options listed in the contract?

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi seaston0801, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there has been some confusion caused. Depending on how you are being installed, will depend on when your 14 days cooling off period will start from. 

• If you're having a Quickstart install, when the equipment is sent to you to be set up then the 14 days will start from the day after the services have been activated. 
  • If you're due to have an engineer visit then the 14 days will start from the day they are installed. 

I hope that clears up any confusion however if you have any further questions, pop back and let us know 😊

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

spell
Knows their stuff

Or you can just cancel installation now if that is the basis of the question

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I don't think there is much doubt about "the later of". It has to be the last of the three.

But don't leave it until the last possible day, because you know how difficult it can be to contact them when you need to.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.