cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know what they are doing at Virgin?

RoyWivs
Joining in

Still trying to sort out my 81 year old Dads Virgin account.  Despite being told it is sorted out, they deduct £169.75 yesterday.

My Mum died late last year, the virgin account was in her name.  Direct Debit taken yesterday is still in Mums name on the Virgn Account.  We have been told Dad has a new account in his name yet they are using my Dead Mums name for the Direct Debit!!

I was told on the phone don't worry Ma'am, I have sorted out your Fathers account and we will only take £92 in March!!  Another advisor told me £87.  We are currently contacting his bank for advice. 

Where is your customer care Virgin?  You have made this very stressful for my Dad.

Netflix has not worked since we contacted you back in January.

Dad now wants Virgin to take everything back after this recent debit from his account, he is worried what you will take in April.

Someone with authority please contact me.

Debs

3 REPLIES 3

MrHalfAsleep
Community elder

You may find this helpful:

https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/organisations-you-need-to-contact-and-tell-us-once 

If it's just the bank you're having problems with, and you have an original death certificate (a certified copy; not a photocopy) take it to the bank and inform them that your mother has died.  They will then close the account and the direct debit is cancelled.  It's a bit confusing at first, but the process is done in a specific order.

Hope this is of some help to you.

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π

Cardiffman282
Super solver

There is this guidance https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-let-us-know-if-the-account-holder-has-died/... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

1701-e
Superfast

Over the last couple of years I had to deal with the death of both parents, transfer to the survivor and then ultimately closure.  

This team were great on both occasions

By Phone:

Get in touch on 0800 952 2302.

You can call us between 8am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday. We are not open on Saturday or Sundays.