cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default on credit score dispute URGENT

Leanne0211
Joining in

Having spent 2 hours+ on the phone this week to virginmedia customer services and being none the wiser to our situation (received 2 different answers) I am seeking help here. This matter is urgent as the default on our credit file is impacting remortgaging & is causing me a lot of stress. In summary we moved house, cancelled our account following the right process & just found out we have an outstanding balance of £40 (?!!!) which has resulted in a default, straight from a status 1 to default the following month with no contact made to us. When speaking to customer service I asked to speak to someone from the credit file amendments team but was told that was not possible. Hoping someone can contact me here.

2 REPLIES 2

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Leanne0211 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your credit score as well as when trying to contact our team. We can understand the frustration caused. To best look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Dan3008
Tuning in

If you reach out to the credit reference agency that you saw your report with they can help dispute it for you.