cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Breach - Making a Complaint

Kelly_Lou
Joining in

Really hope someone can help. As Virgin Media don't seem to care. I have emailed the CEO several times & he nor his team see fit to reply on a breach of GDPR Data. The unhelpful staff on the phone don't seem to want to help because i am not a customer. So what do i need to do to get this sorted please someone help. A member of staff has broken GDPR date rules. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Kelly_Lou 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that there has been a GDPR breach! Can I ask what exactly has happened and I will do all I can to assist? 

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Complaints If you’d like to make a complaint about how we use your information, please contact us and we’ll do our best to help. If you aren’t satisfied with our response to your question or concern, or believe our processing of your information doesn’t comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/. Contacting us For queries about Virgin Media's services, please call our team on 0345 454 1111* or dial 150 from a Virgin Media phone line. If you’re a Virgin Mobile customer, dial 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone, or 0345 6000 789* from any other phone. If you have any queries or comments about this privacy notice, please write to Data Protection Officer, Virgin Media Limited, 500 Brook Drive, Green Park, Reading. RG2 6UU or contact Virgin Media’s Data Protection Officer by emailing dpo@virginmedia.co.uk

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Thank you for coming back to me. Unlike your CEO or his complaints team. 

Sunday 24th March I called your call centre for a quote for broadband. The cost wasn’t competitive to what I have now. So, I advised I would leave it & hung up the phone. Monday 25th March I receive a text saying. We can offer earlier installation dates & gave me 2 dates. Asking me to say yes & get £50 credit on to my bill. Or if I don’t want to be offered another dates to send stop, i received further texts on the 26th, 27th & 28th March all offering me dates to install sooner. I have never signed a contract with Virgin Media. So after spending almost 2 hours on the phone i found out after telling the agent on the Sunday i didn't want to give her my phone number due to issues before in getting called constantly called i would only give my number if i signed up. She took my number down anyway & then added it to another account. I never give her my number i told her no yet she has wrote it down & used it. After spending 2 hours on the phone Monday 25th March i asked to make a complaint but was told i couldn't ask i wasn't a customer. I asked for a call back, again i was told i couldn't have one due to not been a customer. 

We're really sorry to hear of the experience Kelly_Lou, we will send you a private message to get some details form you in order to get this raised. I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob