cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report default

Cliofegan
Joining in

Hi can anyone help please?

I cancelled my virgin as I found cheaper deal elsewhere. Services were disconnected 20/12/23. Received final bill of £20.13 to be paid BY DIRECT DEBIT (I have proof of this) on 27/12/23. To my knowledge, this had been paid and account closed. 

Then Saturday 6/01/24, receive an email saying that the £20.13 was still outstanding. (I don’t check my bank regularly to see that the money hadn’t been taken). I then manually paid the £20.13 on the virgin media website and again thought that would be the end of the matter. 

Forward to today 9/1/24 where I receive a notification from my credit reporting app ClearScore that VM have registered a missed payment against my name which has led to a default on my credit report and a dramatic decrease to my score. 

I have never ever had a missed payment or default and I think this is very unfair as it was VM responsibility to collect this final bill amount BY DIRECT DEBIT which they didn’t do. How is this fair that their mistake/incompetence is hindering me so much?? 

Please any help or advice is greatly appreciated, as as usual it is like getting blood from a stone trying to talk to anyone from VM. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would disregard the credit "score" aspect - this is something that companies do internally & confidentially, and some CRA's just use as a marketing thing to sell you.

If there is an entry on your statutory (free) credit report that you believe is incorrect, then you should collate documented evidence of why this is in error, and email that to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk who should investigate on a 21day basis. Any errors found, should then be corrected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would disregard the credit "score" aspect - this is something that companies do internally & confidentially, and some CRA's just use as a marketing thing to sell you.

If there is an entry on your statutory (free) credit report that you believe is incorrect, then you should collate documented evidence of why this is in error, and email that to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk who should investigate on a 21day basis. Any errors found, should then be corrected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you Japitts I have done this now 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Cliofegan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your credit report at the moment, I'm glad that you have been given help by japitts, the credit file team will be in touch as soon as they possibly can with an update. Please keep us updated with how it goes and let us know if you need any further help.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L