cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerned

Philomma
Joining in

Hello

On 12th Jan I spoke to customer services about renewing my contract. I had been sent an email which said I could renew my contract  for the next 18 month for the cost of the previous 18 months and keep the same services

I was asked to email a screen shot of the email and on receipt it agreed that you would match the previous price. It was also said you me that the contract amount would be more but I would receive a month credit to reduce the cost to the agreed amount.

Today I have received an email saying my first payment will be £50 more that agreed amount. This does not seem correct me. I know that there might be a part payment for the contract change over but I think VM haven't honoured the credit they promised me. Any thoughts? 

6 REPLIES 6

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Philomma 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about this. For clarity, did you accept the offer directly through the email you received? With any email offers, there is the option to directly accept/order the promotion and apply it to your account. When this is clicked, you're provided with further details, and then a Pre-Contract documentation pack is sent - did you receive these?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Philomma
Joining in

No, I had to speak to someone at VM directly and show them the email to get the deal. I have now rang VM four times and spoke to four different people. Each time I have been promised it will be sorted in a few days but nothing changes. At best poor customer service at worst I have been lied to. The last person I spoke to basically told me there is nothing I or they will be able to do about it. 

Philomma
Joining in

Who do I go to to complain about VM?

I have been overbilled since taking out a new contract and after several calls it is never corrected. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain the basis for this apparent overbilling? Forum staff can likely assist, but an explanation of the issue will save them asking.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us Philomma, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hey Philomma,

I have replied via private message on another thread , so please could you reply via the other thread to avoid any confusion and I will be able to help further.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L