cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Issues

boftinya
Joining in

Virgin made it super difficult for me to leave even though my contract has ended. Finally spoke to someone on 11th Feb who let me give my 30 days to leave, with the disconnection date on 12th March. On 29th Feb someone called me from virgin to say the number had been ported and my disconnection is due to go ahead on 12th March. They still billed me until 18th March but i figured i would sort that out later. Fast forward to 12th March and I had no disconnection email or anything to say how to send my kit back. Then i get an email with my next months bill. So i've paid until 18th March (today) so thought i should follow it up. 

Guess what. They said that I needed to give 30 days notice and wait for the porting to finish. BOTH of which have been done and already confirmed done by them. I gave them the transcript in the chat multiple times to show I have this in WRITING but they kept on. Finally they said I will be disconnected in 5 days and that I need to pay for the 5 days. Then the guy changes to saying that he only deals with disconnecting and not billing. So i go ahead with the disconnect in 5 days as i just want this over with, but insist they are not getting any money off of me. I go to look at my 'final bill' and it is £78... what the hell?? 

I have in writing that I should have been disconnected on 12th March and not to worry. I've already overpaid until 18th March too. I have canceled my direct debit, but what can i do in this situation when i literally have it in writing and they are the ones that have made the error with this?  

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @boftinya thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had with leaving and billing as a result of this. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R