cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTRACT PORICE TOO HIGH

Robburns
Tuning in

So today I have noticed that I am now paying nearly 100 pounds for my tv and broadpand package.  I can get a slightly better deal from Sky for the same TV package and fqaster broadband for half this price.  Obviously I am now on the phone cancelling virgin.  However the call agent comes back with a much better price for my package doubling the speed of the broadband and removing  a sports channel I never use.  However I am now expected to have a landline.  When I told him I wont use the phone ever there is no point installing it I was told that I therefore couldnt have this new price.  Ive been with Virgin for nearly 6 years now and have no complaints but the pricing structure as got out of hand.  WHy do I need to ring to reduce my price at the end of each contract and why to get a cheaper deal do I need to have a landline.  This is the 21st century very few people have them now.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

unisoft
Well-informed

@Robburns wrote:

So today I have noticed that I am now paying nearly 100 pounds for my tv and broadpand package.  I can get a slightly better deal from Sky for the same TV package and fqaster broadband for half this price.  Obviously I am now on the phone cancelling virgin.  However the call agent comes back with a much better price for my package doubling the speed of the broadband and removing  a sports channel I never use.  However I am now expected to have a landline.  When I told him I wont use the phone ever there is no point installing it I was told that I therefore couldnt have this new price.  Ive been with Virgin for nearly 6 years now and have no complaints but the pricing structure as got out of hand.  WHy do I need to ring to reduce my price at the end of each contract and why to get a cheaper deal do I need to have a landline.  This is the 21st century very few people have them now.  

Bundling reduces prices. Its how VM works. Only way you can get past them denying you a decent price without extra services is to cancel and await outbound retentions calling you. Price increases are usually more for bundled services too rather than just standalone. You need to have marketing enabled in your My Virgin Media profile for VM to ring or text you offers.

Agreed, out of contract pricing is out of control.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

unisoft
Well-informed

@Robburns wrote:

Bundling reduces prices. Its how VM works. Only way you can get past them denying you a decent price without extra services is to cancel and await outbound retentions calling you. Price increases are usually more for bundled services too rather than just standalone. You need to have marketing enabled in your My Virgin Media profile for VM to ring or text you offers.

Agreed, out of contract pricing is out of control.

The bundles are what I have I just refuse to have a landline.  Its amazing they can cut the cost by over 60 percent if I accept a phoneline and make a one off payment for installation.  I dont want a landline and I wont pay for something I dont want.  Its easier just to leave Virgin after many years and go elsehwere.  A firestick for example is not this expensive 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As mentioned above, VM operate a multibuy discounting system similarly to many supermarkets - the more you buy, the lower the per-unit price.

Some services, especially landline & mobile telephony, attract substantial discounts that often more-than-offset their cost and mean a "with" bundle is cheaper than "without". No-one is forcing you to use those services, so the easy solution is to say "thankyou", let VM install it and then just get on with your life - appreciating the discount.

If this approach doesn't suit you, then you are equally free to find alternative providers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks