cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account number mismatch after move - no CS can help

rockyrelay
Joining in

I've seen this pop up here a few times. 

I've moved house, but can't set anything up because there's no socket at the new address. I can't book an engineer because I can't answer the next bill date security question because I do not have access to this info or to my new account. 

I was given a new account number, but when I try to register (it's on the same email) it still retains the old account number information. VM CS have each given me different answers to this - they said the new account "might" change in the next few days - but considering my move was booked for 12/02 - it feels backwards for me to wait for your internal IT systems to reflect this, while I'll be out of service for several days, let alone trying to book an Enginner in on top of it too!

Any help much appreciated - I feel locked out of any support for reasons entirely out of my hands. It's caused so much stress and worry. 

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @rockyrelay Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had in relation to the details and the socket.
I will assist you on this and send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs