cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 month discount not applied from installation date

RUGEE
Joining in

If anyone can help with the following it would be appreciated.

I'm due to move to Virgin broadband next month with installation on 8th December. I signed up for an 18 month contract which included an 18 month discount, however on checking my contract it states the 18 month contract runs to June 2025 but the 18 month discount ends in February 2025. 

I signed up in July with a delayed installation because I was still in contract with BT, so it seems like the discount has been applied from then, but this wasn't made and surely it should run from December?

I have contacted customer services but they weren't much help. Can anyone confirm whether this is the case and is correct?

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey RUGEE, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

Sometimes with discount codes they all last differently some can last for 6 months, others for 18 or 12 months everyone is different.

However with our services this also means you can upgrade or change your package anytime you wish therefore sometimes renewing some discounts which might be available at the time. Cheers  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply. To confirm the discount is 18 months but only runs from December 2023 to February 2025, whilst the 18 month contract runs from December 2023 until June 2025. So this definitely doesn't seem correct to me.

Follow up question can I cance before my installation before the date without charge?

Can you confirm what it says on your contract, it should state it there?

Within the 18 months there will also be an annual price increase normally discounts are the full 18 months unless stated in your contact documents. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I've attached an image of the contract below (without any personal details).

Screenshot_20231107-130325.png

Thank you for sending over it, this isn't the clearest but I believe it says June on there is that right? 

Whatever date is on that will match when your discounts end. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Sorry I couldn't make the image larger. It's installed on 8th December. The contract ends on 7th June and the discount ends on the 4th Feb. This seems a mistake to me...

Thank you for popping back to us @RUGEE and I'm so sorry again that this has happened. I'm going to pop you a Private Message so we can take a closer look. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.