cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port number from talk talk

amy1939
Joining in

hi, due to have services installed tomorrow from talk talk and asked for number to be ported over from talk talk to virgin, but got told can't do this until services have been installed, is this correct, have had landline number for over 30years and don't want to change number, but if you can't do this will cancel services

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

It is correct VM need a working line to port the number to.  

VM also need you to keep the Talk Talk line working until they are in a position to perform the porting process.

Whatever you do not cancel the Talk Talk telephone line or the number port will fail and the old number will be lost.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @amy1939 thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!
As @Client62 has rightfully mentioned, your previous line has to be kept active in order for us to complete the number port successfully.

As soon as the number port is completed by the activation of the landline/the porting in date, this automatically closes off the landline side of things on your old provider's side (and the number becomes Virgin Media's/yours).

We hope this helps and if you need any further assistance, please let me know!
Many thanks

Tom_W

do I need to contact virgin once activation has been done to ask them to port old number? 

Hi @amy1939 thanks for your reply. 

Can you confirm if you asked us originally at point of sale to port the number in for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I think I did, as it was a package which included landline, and asked for telephone number, so I think I did, but not certain

Thank you for getting back to us! 
In order to look into this further for you and to check the number port goes through correctly we will need to confirm a few account details. We will do this via PM. 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly