cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new hub 5, Telephony ( Disabled )

goresville
Joining in

the network side of the hub 5 is working OK.

The box did not have a white telephone cable or white telephone adapter, as per the setup book.

I connected my landline phone with a spare RJ11 lead i have, I don't get a dial tone on the connected phone.

I also cant ring my home landline from my mobile (just silence for a few seconds then 3 bleeps as Virgin drop the call)

Has my landline service been cut off?

11 REPLIES 11

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @goresville,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're facing some issues with your landline service. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently that would explain this.

Are you currently connecting your landline via a wall socket, or via an adapter that's plugged into the router?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

the old NTL copper wall socket stopped working last Sunday & I'd hoped the hub5 i fitted yesterday would have been the solution.

Hi @goresville,

Can you try connecting it via the wall socket again and letting us know how you get on?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

the copper wall socket is dead, no change. If I call my own landline from my mobile it still dose not ring & cuts off with 3 bleeps.

Hi @goresville,

Thank you for giving that a try. I'm very sorry to hear that it hasn't helped.

Have you received an adapter to plug the landline into your Hub?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

as i said at the top, no white leads or adapters were supplied in the hub 5 box i received yesterday

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that, goresville.

I'm going to drop you a private message so I can look into assisting you further with this. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

so what happens now?

Hi @goresville thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that you're liaising with my colleague, Reece.  I will therefore leave you in his very capable hands.

Regards

Lee_R