cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail not woking

frenno
Tuning in

I cannot get my landline to anounce to callers they can leave a message if I get a call and I dont answer I can hear the amswer machine tell the caller to leave a message but the caller just hears the line ring then go dead, I haver tried turning off the 1571 answer machine to just use the phones built in answer phone, I've rebooted the hub Ive even tried a new landline nothing makes any difference the caller just hears the line ring then go dead. please help.

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @frenno,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you seem to be having some trouble with your voicemail service. If you've removed the voicemail feature from our service then it seems like it would be with your equipment's inclusive voicemail service/feature.

Do you know what make and model of a landline handset you have? Is there a manufacturer manual that came with it that may offer some help?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

frenno
Tuning in

Hi Zach

I dont think its the handset and we have tried two different Landlines Ive tried the BT6500 and the BT Xenon 1500 if i turn off the machine based answer the phone just rings and wont transfer to the VM answer service so I think im going to need an engineer as Im out of things to try now.

Hi @frenno,

If you've disabled the voicemail service with us then we won't divert the call to the voicemail because of that, regardless of the landline you use, so what your explaining sounds correct.

Have you tried swapping the landline handset and having the equipment's inclusive voicemail enabled on both? If you have, does the issue remain on both?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

frenno
Tuning in

Sorry I only disabled the voicemail service to see if that made any difference, it didn't, I've turned it back on tried a differenent landline and get the same result so I dont see how it can be the equipment it wouldnt display the same fault with two diffenent phones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming. 

We are able to help with the voicemail service if it is provided from ourselves but if the issue lies with the handsets features, we are not able to run further checks or diagnose a fault. 

Would you like to activate the voicemail service from our side? 

Nat

frenno
Tuning in

Hi Natalie

Yeah I think its unlikely two different handsets have the same fault, The 1571 Voicemail should be activated? but can you confim as when I dial *75 to turn off/on I can no longer hear if it activates or not.

frenno
Tuning in

Unless you think these BT handsets wont work with the VM voicemail? if thats the case can you point me in the direction of a landline you know works with the VM phoneline and i will try that.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

We would be happy to check the settings from our side.

To do this, I will need to pop you over a private message to take a few more details.

This will be available via the red bar at the top of the page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat