cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone - not ringing from the other end

Brian-007
Tuning in

I have tried to make several calls from and to my landline but to no avail. When I try to make a call, I get the tone when the digits are being sent but don't get a ringing from the other end. When I have tried to call my landline the phone I am ringing from rings, but I get no ringing on the landline phone. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good morning Graham, 

I phoned virgin media helpline last night I was on the phone for over an hour but it was worth it as the problem has been sorted. The problem was that the phone line was plugged into TEL 2 not TEL 1, I then had to reset the router, this then gave me a dial tone and I made a quick prank call to my wife and all seems to be working fine now.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Brian-007.

Thank you for bringing the issue with your landline to our attention.

Sorry you are not able to dial out or receive calls.

Are you on our new fibre line now as opposed the old traditional socket.

If its the fibre line then can you please try rebooting your hub.

Can we ask what phone you have and do you have any call barring on the line?

When you call in do you have the number withheld at all?

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

I have had fibre for 2 years as far as I know, I cannot remember if I have any barring on the line.

I have a BT 4600 and I have also tried another phone but the problem is still apparent.

I do not have my number withheld at all.

Good morning Graham, 

I phoned virgin media helpline last night I was on the phone for over an hour but it was worth it as the problem has been sorted. The problem was that the phone line was plugged into TEL 2 not TEL 1, I then had to reset the router, this then gave me a dial tone and I made a quick prank call to my wife and all seems to be working fine now.

Hi @Brian-007,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that this has now been addressed and resolved for you.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!