cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Has anyone got a Beocom 6000 (or similar DECT phone) to work after switch yet?

infidel
Dialled in

HELP HELP HELP After reading below comments regarding Virgin landline plugged into the router not ringing. I have been having this problem since the 6th of March and have got nowhere.The landline answerphone was plugged into a Virgin wall socket in my living room for the last fifteen years. Now its plugged into the new router due to the change over. Everything is working I can make calls out but nobody can call in they just hear a tone when phoning my number. The call centre seem unable to do anything about it and keep telling me to wait 48 hours again and again and I cannot get past them. I need an answer of what the problem is.   

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi infidel, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with receiving calls. 

Checking things this end, I can see this has already been raised with the relevant teams and they have raised a ticket on the account. They will look into things and if they need further information, they will contact you directly. 

We understand it's frustrating when something isn't working but rest assured the teams are already on the case for you. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@infidel wrote:

HELP HELP HELP After reading below comments regarding Virgin landline plugged into the router not ringing. I have been having this problem since the 6th of March and have got nowhere.The landline answerphone was plugged into a Virgin wall socket in my living room for the last fifteen years. Now its plugged into the new router due to the change over. Everything is working I can make calls out but nobody can call in they just hear a tone when phoning my number. The call centre seem unable to do anything about it and keep telling me to wait 48 hours again and again and I cannot get past them. I need an answer of what the problem is.   

Do a search on the word Beocom on this forum (if you have not done so already) and you will find several (lengthy) topics on the subject of 'Beocom-not-working-ness' when connected to a VM hub phone socket.

AFAIK, I can't recall a solution to the problem being posted up to this point. There have been similar past issues reported on the BT forum too IIRC.

"nobody can call in they just hear a tone when phoning my number"  - what kind of tone is the clue

Call your own number and find out if it is an engaged / ringing / unavailable or some other tone

If it is not a ringing tone there is a service fault.

If it is a ringing tone, pick up the B&O phone and see if the call can be manually answered, if it can you could need an adaptor with a ring capacitor.