cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Vodafone Home Phone to Existing Virgin Media Home Phone

user199
Joining in

Does anyone know the process to port my existing home Vodafone number to my already installed Virgin Media home phone number?

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Contact Virgin customer services & ask to port your Vodafone landline number in. They will ask what the number is & confirm it can be ported. DO NOT contact Vodafone & give notice of cancellation. Virgin must handle the entire process. On your porting date your Vodafone telephone account will automatically close.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello user199.

Welcome to our community.

Looks like @nodrogd has just pipped us to the post with his excellent advice.

The only thing we want to change is not to call as we can get this arranged from here for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security first.
So if you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would point out that the phone line needs to be active with Vodafone until the porting date. Quite a few providers will still tag an active line as "pending disconnection" if you give notice to cancel. This can stop a port request from going through even if the line is still active.

TV & Broadband services should be cancelled directly with the provider you are leaving.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello again user199.

Thanks for your details over the private message.

I have requested for your number to come over to us.

We do need to allow 10 days from today for us to contact Vodafone request the number and for them to release it to us.

Can you please let me know once the number has gone though.

Vodafone will also be in contact to say your account is closed.

Anything else you need, were only a message away.

Gareth_L