cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line

shaunharley
Joining in

I've just realised that my landline is no longer working. As far as I know I've not been switched to the hub land line. If I have I've never been sent an adapter or a letter or email stating this. We don't use the land line normally so it may not have been working for ages, but as I am paying for it I would like it working. Can anyone advise on how to check it

8 REPLIES 8

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shaunharley, thanks for joining our help forum page and for your first post here.
A warm welcome to the VM community, nice to have you on board! 🙂

We're sorry to hear your landline is not working currently, we'd love to best help with this.

Could you please confirm if you have a dial tone before you dial a number and can you make or receive any calls (or what error you get if not)?

Also, have you checked for landline faults in your area here as the problem might lie at the local network sometimes?

Let us know of the above, happy to support you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

There is nothing at all. The line seems completely dead. Tried more then one phone, so it's unlikely to be the phone. It could have been down for ages, can't remember the last time it rung. Its not to important to fix it. Ideally we would get rid of the land line, but we were told we had to have it with our package, or it would be more expensive not to have it

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for sharing more, shaunharley.

Sorry to hear you're not aware how long this has been ongoing for as you're not using or care too much about using the landline.

We do indeed offer better discounts when you have all 3 cable services with us which may end up being cheaper for you than losing the landline and keep BB and TV only.

From what you say we understand this is not urgent, however in case you want us to investigate this issue and help we're happy to do so.

Please confirm if you want us to proceed to further checks or prefer to not use the line in general, up to you. 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It would be useful for it to be working, but if you are eventually changing away from the old style land line, it may be worth waiting till we are changed. Do you know when this may be happening? My Mother in law (just round the corner) is changing tomorrow. I did wonder if ours had changed already, but looking at the router it still show that the Telephone is disabled 

We would send out a letter with the change over date, have you had anything from us @shaunharley?

I'd be happy to check for you via a Private Message, just let me know and I will pop one across.

No haven't received a letter. It hasn't changed yet I don't think. It's probably a  coincidence that my land line has stopped working at the same time other properties in the area have been switched over. I was just thinking rather than repairing my current line, that is very rarely used, could we just be switched over? 

Thank you for confirming @shaunharley I'll be happy to take a closer look into the phone fault with you, I'll pop you a Private Message across now so we can check. 

Please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hi again @shaunharley 

Thank you for chatting with me via the PM and I am so glad that the adapter has now been received. 

Should you need any help in the future please do pop back to the forums and we will do all we can to help.