cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

AJD66
Joining in

I have had no landline connection since Sunday 18th June, there was an early morning thunderstorm which resulted in a short power cut, upon the power being restored I have had no landline connection.

No one can call me and I cannot dial out. There is no dial tone.

I have checked the Service Status page but it came back with no issues.

My phone is cordless, I have reset the phone base, removed the batteries from the handset and then replaced them, I have also disconnected the phone from the master wall socket and tried another phone directly in the master wall socket, this also didn't correct the issue.

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @AJD66, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the landline services.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to try an alternative handset in master socket?

Do you have any equipment plugged into the extensions?

Kindest reagrds,

David_Bn

Good morning David_Bn,

Thanks for you quick response.

I can confirm I have tried an alternative handset in the master socket and I only have my normal cordless phone plugged into the extension from the master socket, no other equipment connected.

Thanks for coming back to me @AJD66, and appreciate your running diagnostics for me.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll take some details from you, before booking in engineer to visit your property.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @AJD66, I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you. 

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Furthermore, I'd need to advise that;

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello David_Bn,

Thank you for all your help.

Kind regards,

AJD66

Happy to help @AJD66.

Do please let us know how the visit goes.

Hopefully we'll have some positive news to read 😊

Thanks,

David_Bn