cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Phone Adapter

matesy1234
Joining in

I have been taksed by my Mother-In-Law to install the new fibre phone adapter that she received through the post. The issue is that her hub and phone connector are in 2 separate rooms. I've seen a few other comments with similar issues but the resolution is never published so i'm hoping someone can assist me please

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here, when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Hey matesy1234,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

As goslow has advised, we can modify the existing wiring in your mother in laws home, I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L