cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My land line is down.

d_cat
Joining in

AGAIN, my landline did not work, no incoming calls.

Now upgraded to fibre nothing on my landline,

I read that compensation is paid caused by outages and failures,

Not a penny refunded in spite of over a year with landline fault

I am on the verge of involving Ofcom to help me with this "Not fit

for service"

They, VM are right out of order!

5 REPLIES 5

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, d_cat.
Thank your for taking the time to post on our help forums and join the VM community, nice to have you on board - a warm welcome from us.

Sorry to see you've been having landline issues that are ongoing and we've not been able to resolve them after we've switched to service via fibre optics.

We'd love to know more on what's happened and help out, can you please advise when your line stopped working and if you've received any tech support since?

You may refer to our full compensation policy and how it works here, could you also confirm if the problems with your line have been down to a local outage or other and what faults we detected or what was done to restore this previously?
Do you have a dial tone before ringing out and are you able to make or receive any calls at all?

In order to look into this further and help we'll be monitoring the connections for 24 hours and if a problem is detected we'll get in touch - you'll get an SMS update by tomorrow and if needed we'll be abled to arrange a technician to assist.

Please, do let us know tomorrow how this goes and we'll be here to support you further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for responding.

No dialling tone, landline no functions, dead as a dodo.

d_cat

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for sharing more on the issues, d_cat.

We've raised the service monitoring on the account so please get back to us in 24 hours or when you get our message to advise on what we've found and what's next - we'll be here to support you further if this is needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri,

I have received an e-mail telling me about a home technician visit tomorrow @ 4 to 7 pm.

I am going to be away tomorrow, please cancel this appointment.

TIA.

The fault is within VM's telephone exchange, imho.

d_cat.

Hi @d_cat 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. If we've had the line on a monitor and then a tech needed, this means a tech would be needed. I'll PM you now to reschedule it.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill